Reflecting on five years, I’m happy to report that I’ve got the habits of art and yoga and blogging firmly planted into my life.
This year I challenged myself to 100 days of self portraits, experimenting with different drawing techniques. As an additional bonus to the 100-day project, it forced me to get my drawing table and space set up and organized so it’s easy and available for creating.
And here are some statistics about my blog that WordPress gathers for me:
- I have 124 followers. Thanks!
- Viewers come from 34 different countries, with the top ten being U.S., Germany, U.K., Canada, Australia, India, Nigeria, Ecuador, Russia and Kuwait.
- The top three most visited posts are the first post, painting, and old in art school.
- The top 2 views were in November 2014 with 527 views, and June 2019 with 318 views.
- I’ve made 191 blog posts.
- There have been 5,552 views and 2,486 visitors.
I’m pleased and happy that I continue to blog. I think it helps keep me on track with my goals. It’s been a difficult year personally, but these habits help me get through each day and week and month, and I’m grateful for that. I’ll end with a quote from one of my favorite writers, Annie Dillard:
“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. What we do with this hour, and that one, is what we are doing. A schedule defends from chaos and whim. It is a net for catching days. It is a scaffolding on which a worker can stand and labor with both hands at sections of time. A schedule is a mock-up of reason and order—willed, faked, and so brought into being; it is a peace and a haven set into the wreck of time; it is a lifeboat on which you find yourself, decades later, still living.”Annie Dillard, The Writing Life